Every student is required to attend his classes regularly and punctually. Class attendance shall be checked starting on the first day of classes and not on the date of enrollment of students. No absences should be officially excused. To provide, however, for illness and other legitimate emergencies that are clearly beyond the control of the student, he is allowed to absent for not more than 20% of the required total number of class and laboratory hours in a given term.
Should the student fail to attend his class within ten(10) days from the start of clases, he may only be admitted in class upon presentation of a written recommendation from the Student Affairs Director. Otherwise, the student should officially drop the subject to avail of the refund if, still applicable.
A student, who is habitually tardy and absent or who has incurred at least 2 consecutive absences, may be re-admitted in class upon presentation of an admission slip or a written permit duly signed by the Student Affairs Director. to obtain an admission slip or a written permit, the student must present evidence such as, a note from his parents, guardian, or a physician, stating the reason/s for his absence.
Tardiness or leaving before class dismissal without the permission of the instructor may be considered as an absence. A student is held responsible for lessons taken up in class during his absence.
B. GRADING PERIOD
A regular semester consists of four(4) grading periods, namely:
A summer term, on the other hand, consists of only two(2) grading periods which include Midterm and Finals.
During a regular semester, there are three(3) periodic examinations scheduled by the Academic Deans, namely;
- Preliminary Examination
- Midterm Examination
- Final Examination departmental or non-departmental
However, during summer term there are only two(2) periodic exams which include Midterm and Final exams.
- No oral or take home examinations are allowed
- No student shall be exempt from taking any of these examinations
- Examination booklets, whenever applicable, should be used
- Students are reuqired to secure examination permits from the Finance Office before the scheduled examination.
1. The percentage system is followed in rating the students.
2. Class Standing(CA) is composed of the average of all the quizzes, recitations, projects, and other academic requirements except for the periodic exam.
3. No final grade of "2.75", "4.00", "Ws", "inc" or "X" shall be given to any student.
4. A student who fails to take any quiz, periodic examination, oral recitation, or any other academic activity or requirement of the course within the deadline, shall be given a failing mark for that particular activity. The lowest grade that can be given to a student is 50%.
5. A mark of "dropped" is given to a student who has officially dropped the subject by filling up the necessary form before midterm examination. Otherwise, he suffers the consequence of getting a failing final grade.
If a student has exceeded the maximum allowable absences in a subject before midterm exams, he will be given a mark of "dropped", notwithstanding his satisfactory class performance.