The Day We Sent Our Gratitude
This year we celebrated our Teacher's Day differently. It was celebrated last October 2010, instead of the traditional campus festivity every December. It was due to the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Memorandum that all colleges must celebrate Teacher's Day in coordination with the World Teacher's Day.
It was with short preparation and in the midst of pre-final exams but the Liberal Arts Department still managed to come up with a festive celebration. Professors were surprised with a room-to-room cheering from their students together with Prof. Seni Lozano. They were also given some compliments to thank them for the knowledge that they share to their students. Booths were also set-up to create a more festive atmosphere with balloons in compliments of Ms. Cherry Udaundo. Many students participated and wrote on the appreciation walls. They wrote notes of appreciation for their professors; some were very touching while some were sort of funny. Special recognitions were also awarded to professors who were voted to the given categories. Although no classes were disrupted, students and professors enjoyed the celebration. The message and significance of Teacher's Day were clearly sent to the professors as well to the students.
In connection with the celebration of the World Teacher's Day, the Liberal Arts students held a survey about the different popular traits of the teachers.
The winners were as follows:
- Mr. Wagas Magpa-setwork: Professor Nazarene Quiambao
- Ms. Wagas Magpa-setwork: Professor Madeliene Cascante
- Mr. Workaholic: Professor Omo Estrada
- Ms. Workaholic: Professor Arsenia Lozano
- Mr. Bongga Magpa-assignment: Mr. Bernard Macinas
- Professor Colgate : Mr. Nazarene Quiambao
- Mr. Friendship: Mr. Nazarene Quiambao
- Ms. Friendship: Professor Gabriela Alexandra Tayag
- Mr. Fashionista: Professor Aries Llapitan
- Ms. Fashionista: Professor Lucy de Una
- Dyosa ng Kagandahan: Mr. Nazarene Quiambao
- Mr. Pahabol: Professor Severino Talaue Jr.